The NSPC executes research for, and functions as an intermediary between, government entities and academic institutions. We take on research projects in a variety of policy areas.
- The NSPC authored two influential reports for CIA on the Intelligence Community’s research and development requirements. These projects contributed directly to the establishment of CIA Labs.
- Sponsored by the Minerva Research Initiative, the NSPC created and host the Militant Group Alliances and Rivalries (MGAR) Database for the DOD: a systematic accounting of the scope, causes, and consequences of violent non-state actor relationships.
- The US Army’s National Ground Intelligence Center commissioned “Defining the Gray Zone,” a report to create a universal definition of gray zone activities.
- Research: Defense Intelligence Agency survey of the biosecurity ecosystem
- Identifying gaps and overlaps in monitoring
- Biothreats assessment
- Response process and procedures
- Research: Deterrence & Threat Perception
- Contracted research for Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung
- Manuscript: Threat Perception and Deterrence after the War in Ukraine
- Research: China’s Global Influence
- Influences of China on East Asian Countries
- Economic Coercion/expansion
- Supply Chain Interdependence
- Naval Military Diplomacy
- Zero Tolerance: Repression and Political Violence on China’s New Silk Road. Phil Potter, Chen Wang. Cambridge University Press, Dec. 2022.
- Research: Military and Democracy
- Mass Democracy and the Expert Military
- Extremism and the Military
- Renewing Military Leadership and Civic Responsibility
- Research: Defense Intelligence Agency Biocomplexity Project
- In partnership with UVA’s Biocomplexity Institute
- Bioinformatics project on novel analytics to address national security issues
Receive NSPC News & Updates
Join our email list to receive updates about our upcoming events and workshops by simply filling out the form on the right.